ABC Calls for Submissions for its One Million Dollar Podcast Fund
“The pitches that will grab our attention will be ones that try different formats and feature different voices talking on diverse topics. They need to have a targeted or niche audience in mind – content that can find passionate followers who will share the word more widely in their specific communities.”
There will be a series of stages in the podcast submission process. The first submissions stage – open to all those who wish to pitch an idea – will run until November 17.
A shortlist of pitchers will then be invited to hone their ideas with some help and advice from members of the ABC team.
A final selection will be made early in the New Year when the successful podcasts will pitch directly to the commissioning panel. Those podcasts selected for either production or piloting will be announced in late February.
TO SUBMIT YOUR IDEA, CLICK HERE
We are looking for podcasts that:
- Are original, entertaining and something we haven’t heard before
- Use a unique style and format
- Feature different voices talking about diverse topics
- Reflect contemporary Australia
- Appeal to a targeted and niche audience
- Can find passionate followers who will share the word
We are NOT looking for podcasts that:
- Duplicate our current podcast output
- That directly promote a business or commercial activity
- Wednesday 25 Oct – Friday 17 Oct, 2017: Submissions open
- Friday 1 Dec – Friday 15 Dec: Shortlisting, followed by a one-on-one session with ABC Audio Executive Producer.
- Friday 5 Jan, 2018: Deadline for refined pitches to be submitted.
- Friday 19 Jan: Final round pitch selections made and parties notified.
- Monday 29 Jan – Friday, February 9: Direct pitch to Commissioning Panel
- Late February: Announcement of successful podcasts
TIPS & CONTACTS:
- If you are pitching for the first time, here are some tips on how to do it well
- If you’ve got any questions, email email@example.com
Lead Communications, ABC Radio
firstname.lastname@example.org | (02) 8333 2621